[rt-users] requestors group access

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:27:01 EDT 2009

I usually suggest to use Cc for that. On create you add group X to the
Cc list of the ticket. In RT4 I hope you'll be able to have role
"co-workers" and it would be clear. In RT3 you have to sacrifice Cc.

You can replace requestor with "his" group.

All this can be implemented with set of scrips.

To define "user's main" group I suggest you to use Organization field
each user has, for example Organization is X then group is "X
organization". Something like that.

Hope somebody will finally do it and publish as extension or I'll have
to write it myself.

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Vaclav Vobornik
<vaclav.vobornik at commerzbank.com> wrote:
> Good morning,
> I have a specific question from one of our customers. Let's say, there
> is a Sybase team we support: Peter, John, and Maria (unprivileged users).
> When Peter creates a ticket, only Peter can see it after he logs in to
> the RT. The same when John creates a ticket - only he sees it.
> I'd like they can see all the tickets one of them is a requestor - but
> only within their Sybase group. E.g. When Maria creates a ticket, also
> Peter and John could see a status in the same way like Maria.
>
> Is there any solution already in place, please?
>
> Many thanks
>
> --
> Vaclav Vobornik
> ZIT 12.2.3 System Design & Development