[rt-users] trying to create an ticket in Rt with an email.

John MacGillivray jmacgillivray at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 20:47:54 EDT 2009

This is what i have done.

1) I have RT installed in a zone. Mail is working.  From with in RT, if i send an email it will get to the person.

So i have RT working with my mail server.

On my mail server I added these lines to my aliases file.

I have the following in my /etc/mail/aliases:

rt: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue HelpDesk --action correspond --url
http://myhost.mydomain/rt3/"
rt-comment: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue HelpDesk --action comment
--url http://myhost.mydomain/rt3/"

on my RT server

I have in the /etc/aliases

HelpDesk:         "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue HelpDesk --action correspond
          --url https://myhost.mydomain/rt3"

HelpDesk-comment: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue HelpDesk --action comment
          --url "https://myhost.mydomain/rt3
In RT. I have the account RT

I send and email to Rt at myhost.mydomain.ca

I recieve the bounce message.

<rt at myhost.mydomain.ca>: Command died with status 1: "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate
    --queue HelpDesk --action correspond --url https://rt.mydomain/rt3".
    Command output: local: fatal: execvp /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate: Permission
    denied
  Could someone please help me out.Thanks for your time. John