[rt-users] RT Question on adding users

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed May 13 12:48:06 EDT 2009

To any and all,

    I've asked this question before, but perhaps I didn't word it so it
made any sense. When we add a 'CC' on any correspondance thru a ticket,
we find that if the user is */not/* an RT User, as long as they pass the
LDAP test, they get added, with their email address as their Id (NAME
field). First question is:

    How do we get RT to drop the '@xxx.xxx' from the Id is uses for
"NAME" on the USER Table.

    Secondly, how do we get RT to add a 'CC' to the USER table as an
"unprivileged" user if they do NOT pass the LDAP test?

    Thank you in advance. This one has us confused. Hopefully, it's just
a configuration thing.

Kenn
LBNL