[rt-users] RT Question on adding users

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed May 13 16:12:32 EDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Ken Crocker wrote:

> To any and all,
>

>     I've asked this question before, but perhaps I didn't word it so
> it made any sense. When we add a 'CC' on any correspondance thru a
> ticket, we find that if the user is not an RT User, as long as they
> pass the LDAP test, they get added, with their email address as
> their Id (NAME field). First question is:
>
>     How do we get RT to drop the '@xxx.xxx' from the Id is uses for
> "NAME" on the USER Table.

You can use RT::User::CanonicalizeUserInfo to munge the Name, assuming
you're
not using RT::Authen::ExternalAuth which already overrides this.

>     Secondly, how do we get RT to add a 'CC' to the USER table as an
> "unprivileged" user if they do NOT pass the LDAP test?

You don't say how you're doing LDAP auth so answering this is hard.

If you're using RT::Authen::ExternalAuth you want to check your
setting of
AutoCreateNonExternalUsers

-kevin