[rt-users] Creating tickets from mails without usercreation

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Fri Sep 11 12:02:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 08:19:44PM -0700, David Griffith wrote:
>>
>> Related to this automatic creation, I'm having a problem with people
>> thinking that they should log in with their username portion of their
>> email address.  This leads to users having two accounts: one with and one
>> without the domain.  I would like to enforce username == emailaddress.
>> How can I do this?
>>
>> Note: I'm expecting the RT book to arrive any day, so if it's in the book,
>> please kindly say what page.
>
> How are you authenticating your users such that you're letting them log
> in with two names?  You might want to look at WebCanonicalizeInfo in
> lib/RT/Web.pm.

I haven't touched that file (lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm, by the way).  The
problem with having two names is that Joe Bloggs's account is "jbloggs".
When Joe emails in a trouble ticket, RT attempts to make a new account
"jbloggs at foo.com".  This is complicated by the fact that all the other
services in this company recognize users by their email only.  Is the
solution simply to manually make sure that the username and email address
are the same?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu