[rt-users] An alternative to SeeQueue?

jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 08:40:49 EDT 2009

I'm in a situation where I've a large number of users in various groups.
I'd like them to be operating with some transparency, which translates
into users, by default, being able to look to see what's going on in other
queues than the ones they operate in on a daily basis, should they need
to.

However, "SeeQueue" looks to be a bit overloaded. Amongst other things, it
drives the default widget that displays newest unowned tickets.

I'm wondering what the best approach would be to deal with this: either
providing a user-tweakable list of queues to filter to (like the "quick
search" widget does), or adding an additional right alongside "SeeQueue"
to limit which queues the "X newest unowned tickets" a particular user
gets.

Recommendations..?

--
jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/