[rt-users] Category no longer shows in ticket

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Fri Apr 2 03:04:04 EDT 2010

Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> To list,
>
> When we were in 3.6.4, the category for a Custom Field would show in
> the "Modify Ticket" screen. This allowed a user to select the
> /category/ from a drop-down tab and thereby shorten the list of
> available values to choose from for that CF.
Thats a new feature of 3.8.7. Read the Changelog and you'll find a note
about it. For older installations there is a conversion script included.
I ran it but had problems afterwards that my Oracle based install of RT
didn't work anymore. I think its fixed in the upcoming 3.8.8 or it was
an issue in 3.8.6 and fixed in 3.8.7.

Regards,

Joop