[rt-users] Winmail.dat attachment problem

Troppmann_Tobias at emc.com Troppmann_Tobias at emc.com
Thu Apr 8 08:55:10 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a problem with Outlook Emails and the winmail.dat attachments. Basically all our Emails send from Outlook to RT

are having the winmail.dat attached with all the original attachments in it.

The problem is, that we can only access the original attachments (files, pictures, doc ...) using an external winmal opener like

"Winmail Opener".

How can  I configure RT or fetchmail to get out the attachments from the winmail.dat to have them in the history of the tickets?

Is this a normal behaviour of RT or do I have a misconfiguration in the system?

Here is our system:

-          Ubuntu

-          RT version 3.8.7

-          using fetchmail to get emails from our POP3

è config line is:

# .fetchmailrc

       poll XXX proto pop3:

       username XXX password XXX mda "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --url http://localhost --queue General --action correspond"

username XXX password XXX mda "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --url http://localhost --queue General --action comment"

Does anyone know who to handle that problem?