[rt-users] New installation: clicking Update Ticket generates a bad URL

Paul Waterstraat epwaterstraat at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 15 20:44:48 EDT 2010

When I Comment or Reply to a ticket in RT 3.8.7, enter a message, and
then hit the Update Ticket button, an apparently bad URL is generated.
E.g.:

http://request.geology.ucdavis.eduticket/Display.html?
id=2&results=bd10...[stuff deleted]

My RT site is: http://request.geology.ucdavis.edu

If I modify the portion ".eduticket/" to ".edu/Ticket/" in the URL bar
then I am taken to a:

Results
  o Message recorded

page.

So, why no slash "/" and a lowercase "t" instead of uppercase "T" in
Ticket?

If I leave the Message area blank, I get taken to a working URL:

http://request.geology.ucdavis.edu/Ticket/Update.html

  - Paul.

--- ---
system config (abbreviated)

RT v3.8.7
Perl v5.8.8 under linux
# THE WEBSERVER:
Set($WebPath , "");
Set($WebBaseURL , "http://request.geology.ucdavis.edu");
Set($WebURL , "http://request.geology.ucdavis.edu");
-----
Browser: same result in Safari (Mac) v4.0.5, and Firefox (Mac) v3.6.3