[rt-users] at_123 configure Makefile no good

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 20 07:51:17 EDT 2010

Hi Ian

The URI http://rt3.fsck.com//Ticket/Display.html?id=12521
> in
> http://code.google.com/p/asset-tracker-4rt/source/browse/at-REST/INSTALL
> points to a live RT login !!
> I think you are implying a patch for 387 ?

There is a REST API Patch for 3.8.1, you can login there public with
guest/guest

> I am in FreeBSD 8 where both configure and the generated Makefile are a
> long way from.
> The 'make install' includes a dropdb, well - drop AT tables - that do not
> exist, so fails
> I create them manually OK, but do I need to populate them, maybe from a
> config option in the AT menu ?
> The at-setup-database action seems to be setting up RT from scratch - so
> possibly AT is not going to be part of my RT, so I have got it all wrong?

Ok, never tried this under FreeBSD, but under RH/CENTOS/UBUNTU/DEBIAN it
works smooth so far.

Have you read the documentation and followed them???

> I guess there might also be something to do in RT to get to the AT
> pages/menus.

Yes, after install, restart apache and clean mason cache

> I have not played with the likes of configure before, I am more use to the
> likes of HP/AIX installs, so lack the knowledge of how to tweek for multi
> platform environments. Configure is prity heavy going, even for the keenest
> Unixer.

normally it is straight forward.

> .

MFG