[rt-users] CommandByMail problem

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 21 16:39:04 EDT 2010

Sorry, this was to go to the list as well,

Ruslan,

Maybe you can help me here. I have been testing 3.87 with great success and
am ready to install into production. Then someone noticed a problem I had
not tested for (shame on me). It seems that when we turn on CommandByMail,
two things happen that seem to be wrong:

1) Email from any RT User creates a ticket in a queue, EVEN when the right
"CreateTicket" has NOT been applied to that User/group/role/Sys group for
that Queue. It still gets in and becomes a ticket. I checked the rights on
this VERY thoroughly.
2) Email from NON-RT Users and NON-LDAP Users gets sent back to the "from"
address in a never-ending loop.

I know how to turn off the loop, by temporarily turning off "TakeAction:"
from the Plugin and then bouncing RT.

The two questions I have are:

1) How do I get the Queue rights (for "CreateTicket") to be respected by
CBM?
2) How do I get the never-ending email loop to NOT initiate in the first
place?

This is becoming a rapidly growing concern among my management.

Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kenn