[rt-users] CommandByMail problem

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 22 09:53:50 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 01:39:04PM -0700, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>    1) Email from any RT User creates a ticket in a queue, EVEN when the right "CreateTicket" has
>    NOT been applied to that User/group/role/Sys group for that Queue. It still gets in and
>    becomes a ticket. I checked the rights on this VERY thoroughly.

You must have a misconfiguration, setting up a vanilla 3.8.7 with a
user who has no CreateTicket rights anywhere and injecting mail from
that user gets
not ok - Ticket creation failed: No permission to create tickets in
the queue 'General'
as a result.  This is because Auth::MailFrom will reject the user
before CommandByMail gets to it

>    2) Email from NON-RT Users and NON-LDAP Users gets sent back to the "from" address in a
>    never-ending loop.
>
>    I know how to turn off the loop, by temporarily turning off "TakeAction:" from the Plugin and
>    then bouncing RT.
>
>    The two questions I have are:

It isn't clear to me why notifying the From: in your environment
causes a loop

-kevin