[rt-users] CommandByMail problem

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 22 17:00:59 EDT 2010

To List & Kevin & Jeff,

Whomever created RightsMatrix, I owe them a beer. Actually a pitcher.

I SSOOOOOOOOOOO embarrassed by this mistake. However, confession is good for
the soul.

I've been on 3.6.4 so for so long, I completely forgot that 3.8.7 allows the
granting of "SuperUser" at the group level, whereas in 3.6.4, that was not
possible. I am BIG on *not *granting rights to individual users, but because
of 3.6.4, I had granted the "SuperUser" right to a few individuals.

Then along comes 3.8.7 and I had found out we could grant "SuperUser" at the
*group* level so I did. Then just recently, wanted to do a test and the
person I wanted to do the test was a "SuperUser". Since that would defeat
the test, I removed the "SuperUser" right for that *individual*, but forgot
about that right having been granted for a group he was in. So when I looked
at his individual rights, he shouldn't have that right, yet he was creating
a ticket. So I finally woke up and used RightsMatrix and clicked the Y under
that right under "ALL" and lo and behold, the answer.

It is now corrected and it works fine.

The problem with the never-ending email loop is, of course, unrelated. We
think it has to do with the "Timeline" directory/code bumping into
"CommandByMail" directory/code in that Takeaction seems to keep repeating
it's rejection. We're going to remove TImeline and try again.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Kenn
LBNL