[rt-users] create Requester without an email

Paul O'Rorke paul at paulororke.net
Tue Apr 27 10:58:28 EDT 2010

Hi all,

we use RT to manage a support Queue for software.  The support team
field many questions from both email and a forum.  Not all support
requests get a ticket and support staff create tickets manually setting
the Requester email.  We'd like to use the same queue for some support
requests that are posted on our forums.

Can we create requesters without an email?  I don't seem to be able to
do this.  I have a custom field for the URL of the forum post and would
like to be able to search tickets on the Requester user but often they
have no email.  Can this be done or is an email a requirement for a
Requester?
--

        Paul O'Rorke

        paul at paulororke.net <mailto:paul at paulororke.net>