[rt-users] MAndatory CF per post

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 3 13:34:04 EDT 2010

Jim,

RT has a tool called "My Day" and it adds the value entered to *TimeWorked*.
It lists all "new" and "open" tickets "owned" by the user. That works for us
because we don't let anyone *modify* a Ticket unless they are the owner.
Perhaps a procedure where an "owner" keeps adding their "time worked" until
they are done and then they trigger a notice to the team or whoever might do
the next step and then that person/someone on team can "Steal" it or
alternatively, the *previous* owner can "give" it to the *next owner* and
then they do their work, also using "My Day" to enter their time. The
Problem would be getting one persons time separated from another. Perhaps a
scrip that put one owners time in a CF when triggered by changing owners.
That same scrip could *zero out* "Time Worked". Then when the ticket is
"resolved" (or whatever the next step is), another scrip tally's up the time
in each CF "Time by Owner" and *re-sets*  the *TimeWorked* for a total time.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Kenn
LBNL