[rt-users] RTx:Tags - can you have queue specific tagclouds

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Thu Aug 5 12:21:16 EDT 2010

> Does anyone know how you might go about having tagclouds that are specific
> to a queue?
I never had the need. It's not impossible, but would take considerable work.

Part of the problem is that for expediency the extension does its work
with raw SQL,
rather than the RT API. Therefore, it is not aware of users' CF ACLs.
Although hacking
in that bit wouldn't be too hard. Feel free to submit a bug report at
rt.cpan.org, but
I can't make any guarantees when I might be able to do so.

However, I would make the case that while there may be some information leakage
through seeing tags on tickets one cannot access, access to a full
list of tags in
current use helps standardize tag names and reduce proliferation. Not
getting results
when clicking on tags ranks as a minor annoyance on par with search result count
not matching the number of returned results :-P