[rt-users] Help with rt-mailgate

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 6 23:20:25 EDT 2010

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. Let me try to me a little more forthcoming on the
info.
We have set up our RT session to use LDAP, and to NOT auto create.
We had a ticket where the owner did a "reply" and added an outside email
address to the "Cc".
This 'outside' person replied to the ticket and was getting <MAILER DAEMON>
about every hour on the hours or so.
We bounced the RT session and that stopped it.
>From what I understand, our mailserver is 'polled' by RT to get any new
email sent and pulls it into RT-mailgate. There it tries to do whatever and
is kicked out due to either LDAP or privileges. All this sounds good so far.
>From that point, I'm trying to figure out if it is sending itself a copy of
that rejection and causing a loop. We don't use "ParseCc's" so we didn't set
the Regexp in our settings. I'm going to try that and see if that stops the
loop from happening.
That's all I can figure at the moment.
My questions was oriented around rt-mailgate in hopes of finding out of it
had some sort of re-generative <MAILER DAEMON> of retry for a number of
times or something that I could set to make it happen only once.

I'm thinking the REGexp setting will resolve the problem.

Kenn
LBNL