[rt-users] Permissions for saved search on RT at a Glance

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 20 15:40:32 EDT 2010

Alister,

What we did was grant all the Search privileges (Show, Save, Modify,
etc) *Globally
to all "Privileged" *
Users. This did *NOT* affect Personal Searches. For Groups, it allows those
rights *IF AND ONLY IF* they are a *member of said group*. By doing it this
way, we saved ourselves a *WHOLE BUNCH* of maintenance.

Just a thought on rights management.

Kenn
LBNL

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Alister West <alister at gossamer-threads.com