[rt-users] Adding it as a 'Requestor' would create a mail loop.... ?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 1 16:12:46 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 02:33:59PM -0500, Chris Hall wrote:
>    I'm just saying with this configuration, when I go to create a ticket, the default "requestor"
>    is [1]trouble-ticket at imctv.com but when I hit submit, I get an error:
>    [2]trouble-ticket at imctv.com is an address RT receives mail at. Adding it as a 'Requestor'
>    would create a mail loop

The default requestor is the email address of the user you are logged
in as.

Trying to create a ticket where the Requestor is the CorrespondAddress
in RT is a recipe for making loops if there are ever any
notifications.

You really don't want to do that

You could certainly unset a number of things and file off the serial
numbers and RT will let you do this, but I'm not going to recommend
it.

-kevin