[rt-users] rt3.8.8 UTF-8 Charset Problem

Maurer Simon simon.maurer at proeda.com
Wed Dec 15 11:02:51 EST 2010

Hi

I have some Problems with the Charset encoding in rt3.8.8.
All the German Umlaute are displayed as � in the Attachments of Tickets and all descriptions, titles, etc. in RT. If I manually change the charset of the Browser to ISO-8859-1, all the Umlaute are displayed as they should be.
With a modification of the file lib/RT/Interfaces/Web.pm:
91d90
<     $$ref = Encode::encode_utf8($$ref);
the Attachments are displayed correct again (and so are the titles of the tables on the main page). However the descriptions and the column-names of the tables still show the � sign in place of an Umlaut. If I change the Charset of the Browser to ISO-8859-1, everything looks fine again.

The system runs on CentOS 5.5
perl –v shows:
This is perl 5, version 12, subversion 2 (v5.12.2) built for i686-linux

The *.po files are marked as UTF-8

I’m grateful for any reply, thx

--
Simon Maurer
ProEda AG Datenmanagement

Disclaimer

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender.
To any recipient of this message within ProEda AG, unless otherwise stated you should consider this
message and attachments as "ProEda AG confidential".