[rt-users] notification - solved

Kurt Engle engle at 4j.lane.edu
Wed Dec 15 14:08:46 EST 2010

The custom notification issue that I was trying to solve has been solved.

The issue was the ordering of the scripts. I had 'TransactionBatch' set for all of my scripts that run 'On Create' but I was still having an ordering issue. I was trying to get the value of a Custom Field before the value was set. So, I named my scrips starting with numbers (numeric/alphabetic) and that caused the scrips to run in the order that they need to run to populate and get custom field values.

The entire process:
When a ticket is created, the 'requestor' e-mail address is looked up in LDAP and the 'location' attribute is returned and populates a Custom Field. Then that Custom Field (Location) is tested and married with a technician or group of technicians. The e-mail address of the technician is placed in a separate Custom Field. Then I have a scrip that uses "Notify Other Recipients" and a custom template that pulls the email address out of the Custom Field and creates a 'To:' address that sends an e-mail to the specified address.

Ken and Kevin... thanks for all your help.

Kurt Engle
Network Engineer
4J Schools