[rt-users] Tracking down rogue dashboard subscriptions

Shawn M Moore sartak at bestpractical.com
Mon Dec 20 12:35:26 EST 2010

On 10/12/20 9:05, Francis L Fabrizio wrote:
> I ran the following command (figured out you meant --epoch, not --time  :-)

My bad. Internally the code uses "time" instead of "epoch".

> # /usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-email-dashboards --debug --epoch 1292849980
> Using time Mon Dec 20 06:59:40 2010
> Sending email from helpdesk at cas.uab.edu
> [snip other users]
> Checking fabrizio's subscriptions: hour 06:00, dow Monday, dom 20
> Checking against subscription with frequency never, hour 06:00, dow Monday, dom 1
> [snip other users]
> #
>
> I could not trick it into sending the subscription.  However, it did send it to me at 6am this morning, as it has been every morning.
>
> I notice that the debug output seems to think the subscription is only for "dom 1".  Yet I still get it every morning.

The dow and dom attributes only apply when the subscription is weekly or
monthly. But your subscription is "never" so they don't apply.

I'm especially stumped now that you can't get it to send you mail even
though you're running rt-email-dashboards manually. Can you change your
subscription in RT -- especially the hour -- to see if that affects the
dashboard mail you shouldn't be getting?

Are you comfortable with forwarding me personally a copy of the
dashboard email (sartak at bestpractical.com) after removing identifying
information?

Thanks,
Shawn