[rt-users] Pls urgent help about double requestors for each new ticket

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 18 12:39:19 EST 2010

Softouch,

Your question is a bit vague. Are you having a problem segregating
notifications? A problems distinguishing the difference between a ticket
"Creator" and a Ticket "Requestor"?
There are several relationships a user can have with a ticket. At the
"Queue" level, they can be a watcher (either AdminCc or Cc). That
implies that they want whatever notifications you set to go out for ALL
tickets in that Queue. Then there are the "Ticket" watchers, which
includes AdminCc, Cc, Owners (of which there can ONLY be one per ticket)
and Requestors (of which there can be MANY per ticket). These watchers
are called "Roles" which are basically "Psuedo" groups. The can have
rights just like "User-defined" groups for a particular Queue and even
globally. A "Creator" is neither a role or psuedo group of any kind and
therefore /cannot have any rights/.nor be a /selected recipient of a
notification/. A Ticket "Creator" is merely a ticket level field that
retains the ID number of the user that /actually created/ (Via email or
WebUI) the ticket and this user can be a different user than the Owner
OR Requestor(s). You can display this persons User Name/Email address in
any Query, however.
Please define more succinctly exactly what your problem is and I'll try
to help.

Kenn
LBNL