[rt-users] Adding CC's from an email as Watchers on Create Ticket

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Thu Jul 22 11:41:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

Make sure you set RTAddresRegexp in your config if you are going to use
ParseNewMessageForTicketCCs.

If you don't, terrible things can happen...

P.S. Kenneth, sorry for the reply to you specifically :P we just switched
email platforms and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing :P

Thanks!
Mike.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Kenneth Crocker <kfcrocker at lbl.gov> wrote:

> Alan,
>
> To do this universally, you want to set the following configuration:
> Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1);
>
> To do it on a Queue-by-Queue basis, I added a scrip for that to the wiki
> for both create's and on-going correspondence.
>
> Kenn
> LBNL
>

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com
> > wrote:

>> > Hi Alan,
>> >
>> > I wrote a custom scrip to do this many years ago, see the RT wiki:
>> >
>> > http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AddWatchersOnCorrespond
>>
>> For create there is a config option.  The scrip is only really
>> required for existing tickets
>>
>> -kevin

Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst