[rt-users] How to handle HTML-formatted messages sent into RT via the email gateway

G.Booth G.Booth at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 06:45:56 EDT 2010

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 06:27:08 -0400
  Joe Kirby <kirby at umbc.edu> wrote:
> We are experiencing messages within RT that are too
>large to display  and then pretty much unreadable when
>you do the download option.
>
> It appears that most are a byproduct of HTML-formatted
>messages sent  into RT via the email gateway
>
> Is there a setting to help RT handle this better?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Joe

Hi Joe et al

Bit of a sledgehammer as it sets all mail to plain text so you lose the
formatting, but you could set this, in RT_SiteConfig.

Set($PreferRichText, undef);

Other thoughts:

If your users are using Outlook get them to change from rich text format to
html, if thet're using that.

If your users are using MS Word to create they're mails, this adds a lot of
generic xml. You may be able to modify Words behaviour to reduce this, but I
dont know for sure.

Hope some of that is useful

regards
garry