[rt-users] Apache issues when when upgrading 3.8.6 -> 3.8.8

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 11:12:53 EDT 2010

I was able to get past the issue below - ./configure showed I was missing the group rt3.  Not sure why this never came up in previous installations and upgrades.

Now, I followed the README and UPGRADING dox step-by-step and the upgrade from 3.8.6 to 3.8.8 appears to go without a hitch.  However, now it appears as if I have an Apache config problem after the upgrade.  When I try to browse to the RT URL or IP, a popup appears: "When choosing to open <blank lines> which is a : httpd/unix-directory from: httpd://rt.companyname.com

What should Firefox do with this file?  "Open" With or "Save" are the options.

I didn't change anything in my Apache config.  It is the same as it has been the last few upgrades.

/etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName itadmin.companyname.com
  ServerAlias rt.companyname.com