[rt-users] modifying From: header in global template to pull from queue description

Busalacchi, Eric ebusalacchi at evare.com
Wed Mar 17 14:37:22 EDT 2010

I tried searching the archive a bit for the answer but I wasn't able to
pin down exactly what I'm doing wrong.  Basically we are trying to give
a friendly generic name to our queues.  Management doesn't want the
"User Name via RT" but something more generic depending on the Queue.
What I'm trying to do is make the From: header pull from the Queue
description.  I've changed the template to have the following header:

From: {$Ticket->QueueObj->Description()}

For example this queue has the description "Systems Queue".  When I
change the template to the above example the From: address shows up as
Systems.Queue at company.com .  I would like it to just show up as "Systems
Queue".  I know I can statically do this for every queue but I would
rather not have custom templates in every queue configuration if
possible.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Eric