[rt-users] Determine Queue based off of email domain

Dustin Berube dustin.berube at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 13:47:16 EDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Michelle Konzack <
linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

> Hello Dustin Berube,
>
> Am 2010-03-19 22:30:30, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> > I would want anyone sending an email to techsupport at abc.com to have a
> ticket
> > created in a particular queue depending on the email domain they are a
> part
> > of.
> >
> > Example:
> > @abc.com - goes to the ABC Ticket Queue
> > @jkl.com - goes to the JKL Ticket Queue
> > @xyz.com - goes to the XYZ Ticket Queue
> >
> > Is there a way to do this with RT's Scips or would I be better off trying
> > filter mail for this criteria with postfix?
>
> Puzzeing around...
>
> I have 11 Request-Tracker for 7 different domains  runing  on  a  singel
> "courier" server.  Where is the problem?
>
> You create three accounts for
>
>    techsupport at abc.com
>    techsupport at jkl.com
>    techsupport at xyz.com
>
> and each is handled seperateley.

I agree I would like to go this route as well, however I don't have
administrative access to two of the three domains and there is a lot of
politics involved (I work in the local government sector). Two of the
domains are handled by separate entities. I had a hard enough time just
getting them to agree to email a helpdesk account instead of individual
people.