[rt-users] To NotifyActor or not to NotifyActor ...

Blake Turner blake at eos-3.com
Thu May 13 21:06:52 EDT 2010

Hey all,

                I really wanted the content of a new ticket to be emailed to
the user that "take"s the ticket from the queue. The only way I could figure
to make this happen was to set NotifyActor to 1 in the Site_Config. But now
I am running across a whole mess of stuff being set to the owner while they
are working within a ticket that I would rather not have happening. replying
to a requestor from the user's email account for one. I am just wondering if
there is anyone to override this NotifyActor setting in a custom scrip for
only this one task. Maybe something along the lines of setting a custom
scrip to just ignore the fact that NotifyActor is set to 0 for this
particular scrip. If it is not possible, then I guess I will have to live
with the extra emails being sent back to the owner on all of their
correspondence, because I really need to keep the ability to have a
requestor's initial email sent to the owner's email once they take that
ticket.

thanks in advance for any direction or wisdom !