[rt-users] To NotifyActor or not to NotifyActor ...

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri May 14 13:07:51 EDT 2010

Blake,

I'm curious. Is there some reason a person *wouldn't* know what they were
getting when they take a ticket? I mean, I have to *SEE* the ticket in order
to take it. If I can see it, I can look at the info. So why do I need an
email to tell me I took a ticket when I'm the one that actually initiated
that act?
Also, what a person gets in that email is *up to you*. You can modify any
template to include/exclude all sorts of info when a condition triggers it.
Have you thought about having an email go *just* to the requestor when a
ticket is created and one *just* to the requestor when it is taken? You
could also create a *separate notification just* for the new owner if you *
really* think he needs it. All with different info in the template.

Just a few thoughts.