[rt-users] asset "change log" field

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at ctg.com
Wed Nov 24 08:24:47 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm new to RT and I'm not sure how to go about creating this. I'd like
to be able to log changes that are made to assets, which are mostly
computers, and I haven't been having much luck figuring it out. I'm not
changing the properties of the asset like IPaddr, name, or custom
fields, but rather changes made on the asset.

For example if I updated the RT_SiteConfig.pm and restarted apache I'd
like to log the date/time this happened, different from the time it was
logged, whether or not files were checked into version control if
applicable, backout plan, whether or not it was successful, etc.

Give the number of elements I'd like to capture I don't know how to do
this with custom fields which appear to only be for single items. If
anyone can provide some guidance on how to accomplish this or if you've
already done so it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Darin Perusich
Email: Darin.Perusich at ctg.com
Office: 716-888-3690
Cell: 716-807-4589

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please contact the sender and delete this material from this computer.