[rt-users] Could Not Set User Info RT-Authen-ExternalAuth (ExternalInfoPriority)

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Sep 21 09:54:39 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:40:49PM +0200, Robert Gabriel wrote:
> I have seen many questions and posts based on this but I have yet to
> find a working solution.
>
> "User could not be created: Could not set user info" when creating a new
> internal user.

I suspect that most of the time this question comes up on the list,
you'll see someone telling you to check $AutoCreateNonExternalUsers

> What is the supposed setting please for ExternalInfoPriority?
> I have tried undef, 0, internal etc.
> If I disable the plugin I can create an internal user.

The documentation says

# The order in which the services defined in ExternalSettings
# should be used to get information about users.

So, you use the service name you defined in ExternalSettings.

-kevin