[rt-users] Variable 'MyOrg' in email subject

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 03:23:40 EDT 2010

By default, RT generates a subject line for outgoing emails in the form of

[MyOrg #ID] user-subject

How can I configure RT so that the value for 'MyOrg' is different for
different queues?

The reason for doing this is that we have one installation of RT for an
umbrella organisation which handles customer support for a number of
subsidiaries. Each subsidiary has a customer service address in the form
of 'support at thissubsidiary.tld', and inbound email for these is directed
to the relevant RT queue. What we need, therefore, is for the
auto-responses that RT generates to use the appropriate subsidiary name
in the ticket subject, not the name of the umbrella company.

What's the best way to achieve that?

Thanks

Mark
--