[rt-users] create a ticket without the owner nobody

Kris Germann kgermann at corp.fibernetics.ca
Mon Aug 1 16:42:49 EDT 2011

You might want to try this: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/99441 or below (same):

Condition: On Create
Action:	User Defined
Template: Global template: Blank
Stage: TransactionCreate

Custom condition:
my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;

return ($trans->Type eq "Status" &&
        $trans->NewValue eq "open");

Custom action prep code:
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $owner_id = $trans->CreatorObj->PrincipalId;

if  ($ticket->OwnerObj->Name() eq 'Nobody' )
    {
     $ticket->SetOwner($owner_id, 'Force');
    }

return 1;

Cleanup:
return 1;

Works for me - Auto assigns a ticket to the creating user when the ticket is created, and assigns to current user when opened and owner = nobody.

Not sure if this is what you're going for, but it's helped keep my guys on track. If you want to completely remove 'Nobody' from the owner group list... Not sure if that can be done - You could default everything to a specific user instead of 'Nobody'; that's essentially the same thing as 'Nobody' though.

Hope this helps!

Kris Germann
Fibernetics Corporation