[rt-users] RT 3.8.10 is setting a CF value on new ticket creation?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Wed Aug 10 12:30:08 EDT 2011

On 8/10/2011 11:20 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:55:18AM -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>>> That TransactionObj isn't going to be about setting the Custom Field.
>>
>> Fair enough, but I still see this which means the regexp
>> was not matched and the CF was not touched:
>
> Wasn't touched by this scrip, but something must be touching it.

Yes, that "something" is the mystery.

>>> Are there other transactions recorded on this ticket, or was the CF
>>> set during the Create transaction?  How are you creating the ticket?
>>
>> There are no other transactions on this ticket.
>
> How are you determining this, from the database or from the displayed
> ticket history?

Displayed ticket history, web UI.

Though I just queried 'transactions' for all rows where
'objectid = 85' (my latest test ticket id) and it shows
1 row ('Create').

So not only is the field being set by something, it's being
done on the sly.

>> The ticket history is 1 item (the original message content).
>> All of our tickets are created via email.
>
> What's the content on this ticket?  What other local modifications and
> plugins do you have?

Well, "this ticket" isn't so much the problem, it's one
of many test tickets, all showing the same problem.  Their
contents are arbitrary text (me mashing the keyboard to
generate a junk "body" for the test messages).  It's nothing
more complex than: