[rt-users] Ranking in RT

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 26 17:51:37 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:12:41PM -0400, Jain Jacob wrote:
>    We need to implement straight ranking for tickets in a particular queue. In other words the
>    value should be unique for each ticket in a particular queue. Suppose if we use custom field
>    to rank the tickets how we can ensure that the value we enter is unique for that queue and not
>    repeated. Please let me know if you need further details.

You'll need to write a Scrip that examines the other settings in your
queue to determine if a number is valid.

You could actually do it as an external custom field that only offers
a dropdown list of numbers that aren't taken elsewhere in the queue.
There is documentation in the docs directory about external custom
fields.

The simplest way may be to use the built in priority field, since many
things auto-sort by it, but either way you're going to need a Scrip
that checks when you change the field to see if the input was valid.

-kevin