[rt-users] quick delete extension with rt 4.02

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 30 08:11:16 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 08:55:13PM -0700, Shawn O'Connor wrote:
> I'm getting started with RT 4.02. From the Best Practical site (http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/extensions.html?J:V-region-
> extension-list.id=39) it says that the "quick delete" extension is
> built into RT since 4.0. Does that mean I don't need to invoke it from
> RT_SiteConfig.pm? I tried adding it -- then it looks for the extension
> and errors out. So I'm guessing not. However, after adding the default
> search parameters that include the quickdelete line item ...

By "included in 4.0" we don't mean that the extension is literally
packaged with it, and then enabled with a @Plugins line, we mean that
the functionality exists in core and you don't need the extension.

You can configure RT to have a Quick Delete action using Lifecycles,
which will get you Quick Delete menu items, and you can configure the
Format to work by coping one of the Take examples and tweaking the
url parameters.

If you want the QuickDelete format parameter to still work, you could
install the version on github.  As documented in the README there,
you'll get the Format parameter, but not the link.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-quickdelete

-kevin