[rt-users] RT-Extention-QueueDeactivatedScrips

David Moreau Simard dmsimard at iweb.com
Wed Dec 28 12:10:02 EST 2011

Hi there,

So, I've finally got the chance to grant some time at trying this out.
Before going ahead, I just wanted to say that I've never actually used
this plugin so I am not certain what is the expected behavior.
However, this seems like it would be really useful in reducing the
amount of maintenance involved in working with identical scrips in
different queues.

Here is how I've set it up on my 4.0.4 environment:
===
wget
https://github.com/tbrumm/RT-Extension-QueueDeactivatedScrips/zipball/master
unzip master
cd tbrumm-RT-Extension-QueueDeactivatedScrips-54c7982/
perl Makefile.PL
make
make install
make initdb

rm -rf /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-QueueDeactivatedScrips/lib/
rm -rf /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-QueueDeactivatedScrips/html/

tar -xvf deactivate_scrips_rt402.tar
cd patch/rt_local
mv * /opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-QueueDeactivatedScrips/
===

In RT_SiteConfig.pm: Set(@Plugins,
qw(RT::Extension::QueueDeactivatedScrips));
Restarted Apache.

Now, when looking at Global Scrips, I have this screen. Not sure if this
is where it should be showing - this should be when looking at a queue's
scrips, no ?
http://i.imgur.com/Fp37v.png

Looking at a Queue's scrips shows the default version of Scrips.html,
not one I would expect (the version that shows in the global scrips
section).
Therefore, when looking at a Queue, I do not have the ability to
deactivate a global scrip.

I've tried clearing mason's cache and copying the plugin files directly
to the local folder instead of inside the plugin folder. No go.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I'm also thinking it could be nice that, instead of going inside a queue
to deactivate a global scrip, you could go inside a global scrip and see
a list of queues it is enabled on and change activation parameters there.
But, that's entirely another extension I would think!

*David Moreau Simard*