[rt-users] sub-queues?

Chris Barnes chris-barnes at tamu.edu
Tue Feb 15 09:52:13 EST 2011

On 2/15/2011 5:47 AM, Alex Harrington wrote:
> We went with having lots of specific queues initially (we're a large
> secondary school in the UK with about 1500 users and 600 desktop PCs to
> support) however over time we've settled on two queues. There's an
> overhead in getting users to send jobs to the correct email address (and
> hence the correct queue) and also an overhead in sorting tickets in to
> queues yourself.
>
> Hope that helps

Actually - it does.  :-)
I can see how "queue proliferation" can become burdensome.

We have 8 queues (Accounting, AV, Hardware, Helpdesk, Software,
SysAdmin, Unassigned, & Website (content)) - but will probably drop the
Unassigned and have the Helpdesk queue be the default queue (the one
that mailgate uses to dump tickets into RT).

--
Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes at tamu.edu                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: chris at txbarnes.com
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-1379
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590