[rt-users] Recording user/requestor attributes in ticket custom fields

Peter Nugent peter.nugent at hetg.ie
Thu Feb 17 05:35:58 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm running RT 3.8.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 for a couple of months now so am
fairly comfortable with the basics. I'd like to be able to record
requestor info in custom fields with a ticket so that when an engineer
is assigned the ticket this info can be part of the summary mailed to
them.

I've read that I can do this via a scrip and already have custom fields
being set to default values but I can't figure out what objects(Is this
the correct term?) to set my user info custom field to?

What I'm asking is pretty much the same as here
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/98591 but I rather not
use the callbacks just yet - I'd like to get my head around scrips and
objects/variables first.

I found the code below and modified it slightly I can't remember its
original function or where I found it for that matter but it was similar
to what I was after - I think! Unfortunately I'm not getting anything
stored in the Custom Field

my $T_Obj = $self->TicketObj;

my $requestor_address = $T_Obj->RequestorAddresses;

my $cf_value;

my $CF_Obj = RT::CustomField->new($self->CurrentUser);

my $cf_name = "CSM Name"; #change this to the CF name

$requestor_address =~ /(^.+)@([^\.].*\.[a-z]{2,}$)/;

$cf_name = $1

$CF_Obj->LoadByName( Name => $cf_name,);

$RT::Logger->debug( "Loaded \$CF_Obj->Name = ". $CF_Obj->Name() ."\n" );

$CF_Obj->AddValueForObject( Object  => $self->TicketObj,Content =>
$cf_value, );

return 1;

Can someone point me in the right direction is the code I'm using even
close?

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need more info,

Peter

 Peter Nugent | Technical Director | +353 (0) 45-531262 | +353 (0) 45-940522
Leinster Mills | Osberstown | Naas | Co. Kildare | Ireland | mailto:peter.nugent at hetg.ie | http://www.hetg.ie

Hibernia Computer Services (KILDARE) T/A Hibernia Evros Technology Group Registered in Ireland No. 425932
Registered Office: Block G, Cherrywood Science & Technology Park, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin