[rt-users] scrip OnComment triggered when script is resolved

Nicolas GUIOT nicolas.guiot at risc-group.com
Tue Feb 22 03:26:30 EST 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:36:57 -0500
Kevin Falcone wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 04:09:41PM +0100, Nicolas GUIOT wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a different behaviour on my new RT instance (3.8.8 debian
> > squeeze) that I didn't have on the old one (3.6.1 tarball) :
> >
> > When I solve a ticket, I have the following in the logs :
> >

> > [Mon Feb 21 15:03:22 2011] [info]:
> > <rt-3.8.8-31098-1298300602-1101.28972-7-0 at example.org>
> > #28972/314283 - Scrip 7 On Comment, notify AdminCCs as
> > Admin-comment
> > (/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:300)
> >
> > [Mon Feb 21 15:03:22 2011] [info]:
> > <rt-3.8.8-31098-1298300602-431.28972-9-0 at example.org> #28972/314285
> > - Scrip 9 On resolve, notify Owner, requestor, CCs and AdminCCs as
> > comment
> > (/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:300)
> >
> > I did not write any comment, only clicked on "Solve" then "update
> > ticket". The only reason that could explain this, is that I have a
> > default signature, so the comment field is not empty : is that the
> > reason it triggers the "Scrip 7 On Comment, notify AdminCCs as
> > Admin-comment" ??
> >
> > How could I prevent this while keeping my signature ?
>
> Does it happen on 3.8.9?  Also, are you using plain text or rich text
> editor and do you have anything 'interesting' in your signature?
>
> -kevin

I'm curious : why do you ask about 3.8.9 ? Is it just a way to say "you should upgrade the latest stable version" ? Or it might very probably solve my problem ?  The point is, I don't plan any upgrade to this version, as I wish to stay on debian stable...

Otherwise, my signature is in plain text, and the editor has the possibility to let user write some "formatted" text, but as I don't write any comment, I don't touch the editor field at all.
What do you mean by "anything interesting" in my signature ? it's only my contact info, and I'd prefer to keep it, since I'm not the only user, and some people NEED to have their signature in the email...

Thanks for your help
Nicolas