[rt-users] Limited ReadOnly View for visitors without RT-accounts

Johan Elmerfjord jelmerfj at adobe.com
Tue Jan 11 16:17:48 EST 2011

I manage a installation of RT v. 3.8.7 that is using external LDAP for
authentication.
All RT-users have local accounts and preferences but now we are
investigating the possibilities to open up several queues in RT with a
Read-Only view for everyone that passes LDAP authentication.

How can this be done in a smart way?

It's probably really useful if they can just punch in the
RT-ticket-number and see the history and current status, on tickets that
they are somewhat involved in.
I imagine this could be done with a homemade web-UI that is behind
LDAP-auth and where I just get the info through rest and dumps that with
some formatting.

Would it be possible to open up the RT-interface and maybe exclude only
certain queues?
New virtual server that connects to RT using a Read-Only pre-specified
user?

Other alternatives that I haven't thought/didn't know about??

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

/Johan