[rt-users] Base64 encoded emails unreadable

Patrick Hess phess at cataphora.com
Wed Jan 26 07:33:59 EST 2011

Final update: this issue is fixed.  At the site in question, the
procmail-related "formail" application is being used to remail messages to
RT.  During the remailing process, "formail" was stripping off the
"Content-Transfer-Encoding" and "Content-Type" headers from the incoming
message before remailing to RT.

Now that "formail" is configured to no longer strip those important headers,
RT is correctly able to discern that the message is Base64 encoded used and
RT-3.6.3 is correctly decoding the message.

--phess