[rt-users] RT 4.0.1 Custom Field -> Wikitext box not saving all data.

Scott sthild at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:37:27 EDT 2011

On 07/26/2011 09:10 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 06:48:16PM -0500, Scott wrote:
>> On 07/25/2011 06:15 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>>> select * from CustomFields where Name = 'CF Name';
>>>
>>          ID NAME                                               TYPE
>> RENDERTYPE  MAXVALUES PATTERN      REPEATED VALUESCLASS
>> BASEDON
>> ---------- --------------------------------------------------
>> ------------------------- ---------- ---------- ----------
>> ---------- --------------- ----------
>>          51 Executive Description - Admin only
>> Wikitext                                      1
>> 0
>>
>> DESCR  SORTORDER LOOKUPTYPE                   CREATOR CREATED
>> LASTUPDATEDBY LASTUPDAT   DISABLED
>> ----- ---------- ------------------------- ---------- ---------
>> ------------- --------- ----------
>>                 0 RT::Queue-RT::Ticket              32 23-FEB-11
>> 22 25-JUL-11          0
> Unfortunately, setting up a CF like this with a very basic user who
> can see and modify it, I can't replicate the one-line failure on IE9
> or FF5.
>
> Something must be chunking the data so that RT sees it as 3 updates
> (one per line) instead of one blob of test.
>
> You may wish to try and capture data on the wire to compare between
> your browser and the windows browser.  You may also want to try logged
> in as your user on the affected machine.

I logged in to rt with the other users' browser (on their pc) and was
able to
to add several lines of text.  I then asked another power user to try to add
a line of data and she was able as well (all the lines were preserved).  So
there definitely a acl type issue going on here.  Is there a new right I
need to
add?

Thanks.