[rt-users] On Transaction Extract Subject Tag of correspondence and add to ticket subject (shown when searching tickets)

Kris Germann kgermann at corp.fibernetics.ca
Sat Jun 4 15:39:09 EDT 2011

I'm wondering if this is something I should be capable of doing, however right now it eludes me.

For standard requests which have common subjects, for example, Subject: CUSTOMER NAME - PHONE NUMBER

I'm attempting to write a scrip which then enables us to replace ticket's subject with the transaction's subject line, so if say we're doing an order for a customer, and in this case the order is rejected, the person who rejected it would add "REJECTED" to the subject: CUSTOMER NAME - PHONE NUMBER REJECTED.

I'm wondering if there is a way as the subject here says, to extract the correspondence subject (changed subject from the email reply) and change the ticket title accordingly...

Yes, this is a re-email of something I had gotten no response on AFAIK - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/96826?nohighlight=1#96826

I've tried "On Transaction Extract Subject Tag with template Transaction"
Condition: On Transaction
Action: Extract Subject Tag
Template: Global Template: Transaction
Stage: Transaction Create