[rt-users] RT 4.0: Can't seem to Insert CustomStatuses

Matthew Rindfleisch matt at stratcom.com
Mon Jun 6 00:50:46 EDT 2011

I'm having a little trouble reconfiguring my RT 4 installation. Previously,
I had two custom statuses: "billable" and "follow-up" that were in my old RT
3.8 installation that worked alright. After the migration, these custom
statuses disappeared. I followed RT's suggested protocol (but it is
specified for 3.8 - http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CustomStatuses):

> Copy the appropriate lines below into SiteConfig<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/SiteConfig>and add replace the example custom statuses wth your own, then restart RT.
> See also NonTransitioningStatus<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/NonTransitioningStatus>
>  3.8 [image: Edit 3.8 section]<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/index.php?title=CustomStatuses&action=edit&section=2>
> Edit<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/index.php?title=CustomStatuses&action=edit&section=2>
>
> Set(@ActiveStatus, qw(new open XXX stalled));
> Set(@InactiveStatus, qw(resolved XXX rejected deleted SPAM));
>

> I have done so and had my hosting service, Gossamer Threads, reset the RT
service. As opposed to last time, I am not seeing the new statuses as an
option. This is a problem for me since there are some pre-migration tickets
listed as "billable" and I cannot change their status at all. There are also
tickets that have statuses of "new" and "open" that I would like to make
"billable" but can't.

Could someone please give some advice or assistance?

Sincerely,

--
Matthew Rindfleisch
SMB System Administrator & Consultant