[rt-users] Adding custom fields to email notifications

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 28 15:11:11 EDT 2011

Chris,

Here's an example template of what we use for one of our Queues:

Subject: Request Titled: "{$Ticket->Subject}" has been Resolved!

This ticket has been resolved. DO NOT REPLY to this message!
TICKET INFORMATION:
Queue  : {$Ticket->QueueObj->Name}
Number : {$Ticket->Id}
Subject: {$Ticket->Subject}
Requestor : {$Ticket->Requestors->UserMembersObj->First->Name}
Created by: {$Ticket->CreatorObj->Name}
Created on: {substr($Ticket->Created, 0, 10)}
Owned   by: {$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name}
Development Started on: {substr($Ticket->Started, 0, 10)}
QA Approved on: {substr($Ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('QA Approval Date'),
0, 10)}
QA Approved by: {$Ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('QA Approver')}
Migrated    on: {substr($Ticket->Resolved, 0, 10)}
Migrated    by: {$Ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('Migrator')}
Resolution Comment:
{$Ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('Resolution Description');}

Here you have several Ticket fields as well as Custom Fields.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL