[rt-users] New install of RT4 crashes Internet Explorer 8

Sean McDaid seanmcdaid2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:35:25 EDT 2011

I have installed Request Tracker 4.0.0 on CentOS release 5.6. The database
is MySQL 5 which is running remotely from the RT instance.

When I create a very large ticket or open a migrated large ticket with
Firefox there are no problems. But when I open the same ticket with IE8, it
either crashes or takes a very long time to open.
If the ticket loads and I resize the IE window or scroll up and down the
window again freezes.

I have check the RT logs in Debug when loading from both Firefox and IE and
don't see any differences. I also thought it might have been a problem with
the migrated data from RT 3.6 but this issue is happening with newly created
tickets.

Does anyone have an Idea what may be happening here?

Thanks
Sean