[rt-users] Strange bug in Update.html -- maybe cookie related

Raed El-Hames Raed.El-Hames at daisygroupplc.com
Wed Mar 2 07:10:41 EST 2011

Hi:

RT-3.8.7
Mysql,Apache2, mod_perl v2.000004; HTML::Mason v1.39;

When updating 2 tickets (tickets 1,2 as an example) at the same time, using 1 browser and 2 tabs:
If I upload files A and B into ticket 1, and while waiting for the file upload to complete I decide to update ticket 2, the second file (file B) is attached to the second ticket (ticket 2), and when I then go back to ticket 1 and click on Update Ticket, only file A is attached ...

This is strange one and I have always struggled in how to debug the cookie and session handling within RT, so I am hoping someone out there can help me with this problem, where to start looking?

I have tested this on firefox (from windows xp and a linux desktops) and also in Internet explorer 8

Any help will truly be appreciated, the consequences of this bug can be very embarrassing.

Regards;
Roy