[rt-users] Old RT and New RT ?

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue May 10 13:14:49 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:00:46AM -0700, aseim99 wrote:

> Please do not tell me to look into procmail , etc coz my manager is bound
> for this way only.

tell your manager to call me, I will explain him that he is going the
wrong way ;)

seriously, to do what you want it's really easier to do it with tool
such as procmail or directly in the mta (like postfix/exim).

but if you can't, it's still possible to hack your RT to do this, but
it's not a trivial change and you appear to be missing a lot of RT/perl
knowledge to do that. rt-mailgate does no really magic things, he take
the email and basically send it to the proper url of RT, then in RT,
subject is analyzed to find the ticket number ... etc

so you have to add code in bin/rt-mailgate to extract the subject from
the email (a naive inspection of ^Subject: may not be enough, you will
have to deal with subject encoding with proper per module), then use a
regexp to extract the ticket number and change the target url by
following your rule.

another way to do is to ask for example sales at bestpractical.com to get
commercial support ...